Record

Charm (parts)

< 11 of 53 > Back

used at Lochwinnoch, Ayrshire

Postcard of Charm (parts).
000-190-004-211-C
© National Museums Scotland

Charm (parts)

These three beads of paste and glass were formerly strung together with a naturally-perforated stone and used as a charm against cattle disease at Lochwinnoch in Ayrshire.

Bead of paste and glass which was part of a charm used against cattle disease at Lochwinnoch, Ayrshire

They were given to the Museum by R. W. Cochran-Patrick in 1893.


Record details

To search on related items, click any linked text below.

Online ID: 000-190-004-211-C
Image Rights Holder: National Museums Scotland
Project: 0098: National Museums Scotland
Project description | View all records in project
Ref: National Museums Scotland  H.NO 44
Date: Prehistoric and 17th or 18th century
Material: Paste; glass
Paste; glass
Paste; glass
Dimensions: 25 mm D
What: Charm / part
Charm / part
Charm / part
Subject: Jewellery: charms, amulets (NMAS Classification)
Jewellery: charms, amulets (NMAS Classification)
Jewellery: charms, amulets (NMAS Classification)
Who:
Where: Scotland, Ayrshire, Lochwinnoch
Scotland, Ayrshire, Lochwinnoch
Scotland, Ayrshire, Lochwinnoch
Event:
Description:
References:
  • Black, G. F., 'Scottish charms and amulets' in Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland 27 (1892-3), pp 471-2 
Translations:
Related Records:
< 11 of 53 > Back
 
Powered by Scran