NMS


 

Record

Punch bowl (2 of 2)

< 288 of 428 > Back

made in Greenock, Renfrewshire

Punch bowl (2 of 2)
Add to album

This is the interior of a transfer-printed, lustre-glazed earthenware punch bowl, made between 1863 and 1900 by the Clyde Pottery Company of Greenock in Renfrewshire.

The base of the interior is decorated with a spray of lily of the valley.

A pottery at Greenock was established in 1815 under the title of 'The Clyde Pottery Company'. It was run by Thomas Shirley & Co from the 1840s until 1857. Thereafter, it continued as the Clyde Pottery Company Ltd until 1863. From then until 1900 it was known as the Clyde Pottery Company and from 1900 until its closure in 1905, it reverted back to Clyde Pottery Company Ltd.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 288 of 428 > Back