NMS


 

Record

Bowl (detail)

< 59 of 668 > Back

made in Glasgow

Bowl (detail)
Add to album

This detail shows the mark of David Lockhart & Company's Victoria Pottery in Pollokshaws in Glasgow. It is on the base of a transfer-printed earthenware bowl dating from 1860s or 1870s.

The mark consist of the pattern name 'TARTAN' and the company initials, 'D.L. & Co' contained within a crowned wreath.

The Victoria Pottery was originally established by David Lockhart and Charles Arthur in 1855. In 1864 Arthur resigned and the company became Lockhart & Company and later, the more distinctive David Lockhart & Company. In around 1888, Lockhart's sons joined the company and it became David Lockhart & Sons.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 59 of 668 > Back