NMS


 

Record

Panel

< 198 of 260 > Back

found at Montrose, Angus

Panel
Add to album

This is one of 18 oak panels in a long section of wall-panelling that was found, together with an oak door, in an old house in Montrose in Angus. The panels and door had been used as a partition between two garrets. They date from around 1515.

The panel is in the centre of the top row of the wall-panelling. The panel features the heraldic arms of Panter above an oak spray.

The panels may have come from the hall of a hospital founded by Patrick Panter of Montrose, who was Abbot of Cambuskenneth in 1516.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 198 of 260 > Back