NMS


 

Record

Ashet

< 5 of 19 > Back

made in Greenock, Renfrewshire

Ashet
Add to album

This earthenware ashet was made in the second half of the 19th century, probably by Clyde Pottery Co. of Greenock in Renfrewshire.

The oval-shaped ashet is decorated with a transfer print pattern called 'Gondola' with a large picture in the centre of a canal with several boats.

A pottery at Greenock was established in 1815 under the title of 'The Clyde Pottery Company'. It was run by Thomas Shirley & Co from the 1840s until 1857. Thereafter, it continued as the Clyde Pottery Company Ltd until 1863. From then until 1900 it was known as the Clyde Pottery Company and from 1900 until its closure in 1905, it reverted back to Clyde Pottery Company Ltd.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 5 of 19 > Back