Record

Fragment of a carved wooden panel

< 11 of 83 > Back

From Mary of Guise's House, Blyth's Close, Edinburgh

Postcard of Fragment of a carved wooden panel.
000-100-000-622-C
© National Museums Scotland

Fragment of a carved wooden panel

This fragment of a wooden panel is from a house in Blyth's Close in Edinburgh, which is thought to have been occupied by Mary of Guise between 1542 and 1554. The panel dates from the mid 16th century.

The fragment of panel shows bunches of grapes.

Mary of Guise (1515-1560) was the wife of James V and the mother of Mary Queen of Scots. She acted as Governor from 1554 but her pro-French policy resulted in rebellion by Protestant nobles in 1559.


Record details

To search on related items, click any linked text below.

Online ID: 000-100-000-622-C
Image Rights Holder: National Museums Scotland
Project: 0098: National Museums Scotland
Project description | View all records in project
Ref: National Museums Scotland  H.KL 64
Date: Mid 16th century
Material: Wood
Dimensions: 130 mm H x 710 mm W x 15 mm D
What: Panel / portion
Subject: Carved woodwork, painted ceilings (NMAS Classification)
Who:
Where: Scotland, Midlothian, Edinburgh (Blyth's Close, Mary of Guise's
Event:
Description: Portion of a panel displaying bunches of grapes, from Mary of Guise's House, Blyth's Close, Edinburgh
References:
Translations:
Related Records:
< 11 of 83 > Back
 
Powered by Scran