Record

Communion cup

< 4 of 78 > Back

From Associate Congregation Church of East Barns, East Lothian

Postcard of Communion cup.
000-100-000-476-C
© National Museums Scotland

Communion cup

This pewter communion cup is from the Associate Congregation Church of East Barns in East Lothian. It dates from 1781.

The inscription on the cup reads 'Belonging to the Associate Congregation of East Barns 1781'.

The Associate Congregation was one of the groups that broke from the established Church of Scotland at the original secession in 1733. Secessions and the Disruption of 1843 increased the need for communion cups, basins and lavers.


Record details

To search on related items, click any linked text below.

Online ID: 000-100-000-476-C
Image Rights Holder: National Museums Scotland
Project: 0098: National Museums Scotland
Project description | View all records in project
Ref: National Museums Scotland  H.KJ 167
Date: 1781
Material: Pewter. Inscription: Belonging to the Associate Congregation of East Barns 1781
Dimensions: 210 mm H x 104 mm Diam (Foot); 140 mm Diam (Rim)
What: Cup, communion
Subject: Ecclesiastical, miscellaneous, vestments (NMAS Classification)
Who: Associate Congregation of East Barns (Owner)
Where:
Event:
Description: Pewter communion cup of the Associate Congregation of East Barns, East Lothian, dated 1781
References:
Translations:
Related Records:
< 4 of 78 > Back
 
Powered by Scran