Record

Communion cup of pewter

< 6 of 26 > Back

From Associate Congregation Church of St Andrews, Fife

Postcard of Communion cup of pewter.
000-100-000-463-C
© National Museums Scotland

Communion cup of pewter

This pewter communion cup is from the Associate Congregation Church of St Andrews in Fife. It dates from 1745.

The cup has a deep bowl and thick baluster stem - characteristic features for mid-18th-century communion cups. The inscription reads 'Belonging to the Associate Congregation at St Andrews 1745'.

The Associate Congregation was one of the groups that broke from the established Church of Scotland at the original secession in 1733. Secessions and the Disruption of 1843 increased the need for communion cups, basins and lavers.


Record details

To search on related items, click any linked text below.

Online ID: 000-100-000-463-C
Image Rights Holder: National Museums Scotland
Project: 0098: National Museums Scotland
Project description | View all records in project
Ref: National Museums Scotland  H.KJ 132
Date: 1745
Material: Pewter. Inscription: BELONGING TO THE ASSOCIATE CONGREGATION AT ST ANDREWS 1745
Dimensions: 191 mm H x 150 mm Dia (rim); 105 mm Dia (base)
What: Cup, communion
Subject: Ecclesiastical, miscellaneous, vestments (NMAS Classification)
Who: Associate Congregation of St Andrews (Owner)
Where: Scotland, Fife, St Andrews
Event:
Description: Pewter communion cup of the Associate Congregation of St Andrews, dated 1745
References:
Translations:
Related Records:
< 6 of 26 > Back
 
Powered by Scran