Record

Jug

< 12 of 38 > Back

made in Bo'ness, West Lothian

Postcard of Jug.
000-180-002-463-C
© National Museums Scotland

Jug

This earthenware jug was made between 1826 and 1860 by J. Jamieson of Bo'ness in West Lothian. It is relief moulded with a pattern called 'Canton'.

Jug relief moulded with Canton, by J. Jamieson of Bo'ness, West Lothian

Good supplies of coal and clay and easy transport by sea meant that the south side of the Firth of Forth was an ideal location for potteries to develop. Small-scale works existed there from the 17th century and larger factories developed from around 1750.


Record details

To search on related items, click any linked text below.

Online ID: 000-180-002-463-C
Image Rights Holder: National Museums Scotland
Project: 0504: National Museums Scotland Part 2
Project description | View all records in project
Ref: National Museums Scotland  H.MEK 1163
Date: Between 1826 and 1860
Material:
Dimensions: 200 mm H x 170 mm L x 140 mm D
What:
Subject: Post-medieval pottery and porcelain (NMAS Classification)
Who: J. Jamieson, Bo'ness (Maker)
Where: Scotland, West Lothian, Bo'ness
Event:
Description:
References:
Translations:
Related Records:
< 12 of 38 > Back
 
Powered by Scran