NMS


 

Record

Bowl

< 47 of 654 > Back

made in Pollokshaws, Glasgow

Bowl
Add to album

This bowl was made by David Lockhart & Sons' Victoria Pottery in Pollokshaws in Glasgow. The base is marked with the maker's initial, 'D.L. & S.' and the pattern name 'LILY & ROSE'.

Round the bottom of the bowl and just below the rim are rows of impressed beading (raised dots). These have been painted over with gold lustre.

From about 1750 until the 1930s Scotland's potteries were producing utilitarian and decorative wares for home and foreign markets. David Lockhart & Sons ran the Victoria Pottery in Pollokshaws, Glasgow from between around 1866 and 1876.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 47 of 654 > Back