NMS


 

Record

Communion cup

< 15 of 110 > Back

From St Paul's and St George's Episcopal Church, Edinburgh

Communion cup
Add to album

This silver gilt communion cup is from St Paul's and St George's Episcopal Church in Edinburgh. It was made in 1721-1722 by Colin MacKenzie, a silversmith in Edinburgh.

The bowl of the cup - which is small in relation to the foot - has straight sides engraved with the inscription 'Gifted by David Ross Esqr to the English Chappel in Edinburgh 1722'.

The English Chapel referred to in the inscription was attended by the English government officials who came to Edinburgh after the Union of the Parliaments in 1707.

Record details

To search on related items, click any underlined text below.


< 15 of 110 > Back